Archive for March 2012
- Can a Baby Aspirin a Day Keep Cancer Away?
- Type 3 Diabetes and Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer's Disease.
- Is Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS) Cancer or Not?
- The Antibiotic Era is in Trouble.
- Allan (Boston): Brain Atrophy in Cerebellum and Cervical Disc Problems
- George (Long Island): Hepatitis C
- The Dangers of the artificial sweetner, Aspartame, and some surprising sources.
- Organic air popped popcorn is a healthy whole grain snack with loads of antioxidants.
- ChemoBrain is Common in Breast Cancer
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Increased Mortality
- Sugary Drinks Linked to Heart Attacks
- Fecal Transplantation to Treat C. Difficile
- Cell Phones in Pregnancy May Cause Behavior Changes in Offspring
Callers: #1 - Allen (Boston): Water, #2 - Don (WA): skin spots and growths
Tips: Laughter is the Best Medicine! #1 - Blonde jokes, #2 - Adult Truths
Prescriptions for Health, 3/12/12:
- The FDA May Allow More Drugs Over-the-Counter
- Does a Spoonful or two of Vinegar Make Sugar Levels Go Down?
- Breast Imaging for Pain is Not Useful.
- Ten Strategies to Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
- Effects of Environmental Toxins Reach Down Through Generations.
- Alan from NY: Parkinson's. Recommended Dr. Perlmutter in FL. Suggestions to discuss with Health Care Practitioner: CoQ10, Alpha lipoic acid, PPQ, toxins in environment, etc.
- Marlin from NJ: Inversion Table sound OK for disc disease under supervision of your Chiropractor.
- John from NJ: Hit as a pedestrian by a car and had questions about more surgery and some of his injuries
- Regulators dispute finding of cancer-causing soda
- Why pistachio nuts are such a healthy snack
Prescriptions for Health, 3/5/12
- New safety alerts on statins (cholesterol lowering drugs)
- Can anesthesia lead to dementia?
- Insomnia is linked to inflammation and increases the risk of death.
- Many leading prescription sleeping pills can increase the risk of death and increase the risk of cancer by 35%!
- Defying expectations, sleep gets better with age.
- Alcoholism is not uncommon among surgeons.
- Alan (Brooklyn) - Hepatitis C and right hand shakes with possible Parkinson's Disease: Suggested CoQ10, IV Glutathione with Dr. David Perlmutter in Fla.
- Marlin (New Jersey) - Dupuytren's Contracture
- QUESTION: HOW MUCH MONEY DOES BIG PHARMA SPEND ON EACH INDIVIDUAL DOCTOR EVERY YEAR FOR PROMOTION? THE ANSWER FROM THE INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE..... CORRECT GUESS WINS A BOOK: "A Return to Healing" by Dr. Len Saputo .......... Callers: Alan (Brooklyn), Amal (CT), Ed (PA), Nina (Santa Barbara, CA), Hal (North Carolina), etc.
- The winner is HAL!!!! His guess was closest to the answer.
- The ANSWER is an astounding $61,000.00 spent on each medical doctor to promote pharmaceutical drugs!
Vicki's 20:20 Health Tips:
- Home Remedy (LOL)
- Sharing a Marriage (Laughter is the best medicine