Archive for October 2011
Prescriptions for Health 10/31/11:
- Antidepressants are on the rise in the US.
- Occupy Wall Street
- Steroids and menopause are both tied to vitamin D deficiency
- Elder surgeries that don't improve quality of life.
- Jack (Manhattan) : sensory neural hearing loss with tinnitus
- Maxine (Marin): Update on Doc's hip surgery. Tx. for Sciatica.
- Stuart (LA): How to manage BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy)
- Murray (Brooklyn): pneumonia
- "Why I call him Honey" and tips on cognitive decline
- What love means to a 4-8 year old
- A Doctor's experience as a patient including possible complications from hip replacement surgery
- What does "Occupy Wall Street" have to do with Health Care?
- Purple pill medicines for infants who spit up?! Tips for parents.
- Sound healing can affect the rhythm of our heart and much more.
- Raw fruits and vegetables can change the effect of our genes on heart disease.
- Environmental toxins linked to heart attacks and strokes
- Nutritional supplement overloading can have unwanted results, Vit. E - prostate cancer, Vit. A osteoporosis, etc.
Caller: Dave re. detoxification from metals. Film, "Sacred Science" about the sick being treated in Amazon by Shamans.
Tips: #1 Quotes to make us laugh at ourselves (laughter is the best medicine). #2 More reasons to laugh at ourselves
- Continuation of the doctor as the patient
- A tribute to Steve Jobs and pancreatic cancer treatments
- Antioxidants tied to mixed effects in breast cancer
- Prenatal diet tied to birth defects
- Inflammatory food toxins found in high levels in infants
- Can dietary supplements with minerals have risks?
Vicki's Health Tips:
#1 - Great Truths #2 - Susan G. Komen Conflicts of Interest and Pink Washing
- An update on "A Doctor's Experience as a Patient"
- Acid reducing drugs TRIPLE the risk of life threatening Clostridium Difficile
- MD's admit patients get too much aggressive treatment
- Medical Education needs to include Public Health and Prevention
- A Return to Healing available on www.doctorsaputo.com
- Health Insurance rates continue to climb
- Vitamin B12 markers can prevent dementia
- 89% of women erroneously believe mammograms are vital.
Callers: Mike (MN): Ozone therapy, Sandy (FL): Skin rash, Jeff (LA, CA): Hepatitis re. ozone, Harvey (SF, CA): Health benefits of no sugar, white flour, white rice or corn products.
Tips: #1 Dangers and Politics of BPA in food cans, etc. #2: Things to remember for peace of mind to avoid dis ease.